CDDP/RT vs Cetux/RT: Etudes du Memoriam Soal -Ketterin Cancer Center
1. Etude rétrospective CDDP/RT (n 49) and C225/RT (n 125) in LAHNC* (1)
CDDP/RT was superior for
- 2-year locoregional failure (5.7% v 39.9%; P .001),
- failure-free survival (87.4% v 44.5%; P .001),
- OS * (92.8% v 66.6%; P .001).
One criticism of this work was the lack of human papillomavirus (HPV) data; however, when we examined the third of patients (n 62) with available HPV status, our results remained unchanged.
2. Etude rétrospective for LAHNSCC de 11/02 à 04/08 (2)
with concurrent cetuximab (n = 49), 5FU/carboplatin (n = 52), or cisplatin (n = 259) and IMRT.
Treatment groups were similar with regard to primary tumor site, overall stage, and alcohol and tobacco history.
Cetuximab and 5FU/carboplatin patients were older, with lower performance status, more comorbidities, higher T classification, and worse renal function.
On multivariate analysis, compared with cisplatin and 5FU/carboplatin, cetuximab was associated with inferior 4-year
- OS (86.9% vs. 70.2% vs. 40.9%; P < .0001)
- LRF (6.3% vs. 9.7% vs. 40.2%; P < .0001).
Late toxicity was highest with 5FU/carboplatin (25.0%) vs. cisplatin (8.0%) vs. cetuximab (7.7%).
Nadeem Riaz, Eric J. Sherman, Matthew Fury, and Nancy Lee
J Clin Oncol. 2013 Jan 10;31(2):287-8
2. Efficacy of Concurrent Cetuximab vs. 5-fluorouracil/carboplatin or High-Dose Cisplatin With Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) for Locally-Advanced Head and Neck Cancer (LAHNSCC)
Oral Oncol. 2014 Oct;50(10):947-55.
* LAHNC: Local Advanced Head and Neck Cancer
* LAHNSCC: Local Advanced Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma
* OS: Overall Survival = survie globale